Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Settled in, now it's decision time

Whew...finally moved in and pretty well settled down. This place is far better than where we were; despite it's distance from my workplace...but there are pluses and minuses to everything.

Things are shifting once again, and it is decision time...especially on a book myself and a dear friend of mine conjured up nearly five years ago. It has to get off the drawing board sometime; and I'm afraid I'm going to have to take the reins on it.

I don't want to have to do it, but the situation is forcing my hand. My co-author is too ill to be able to continue to try to help me at all. I hear from him perhaps once in a blue moon at this point and anybody who knows my style at all knows I like to move a lot quicker than that. This has yet to even be beta'd by anyone and it's nearly 300 pages long!

So, today I'm lowering the boom on him...if just to tap his head. I'm taking control of it, but will never undermine his involvement, he's written some wonderful sections, which I've left untouched I like them so much. Problem is, it was only a few chapters. After that his health deteriorated.

I'm also taking the reins on another book (my mystery book) written by my alter-persona, Mae.
This has been shelved for far too long, but only yesterday did I get the idea (thanks Julie)! to perhaps write it in first person. What do you think? That way it's easier to keep a mysterious person/suspect even more mysterious, wouldn't you think so?

It's shaping up to be a nice Sunday so far, after the hellacious storms last night. I'm shocked we don't have tree branches down everywhere, but there is a lot of standing water. Watch out for mosquitos!

Going to chat with co-author...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment