Search This Blog

Monday, February 26, 2018

Cats, Yarn, and Words




I've had some time to process the loss of my baby girl, Cali, last Tuesday. Strange what losing a beloved animal will do to you and make you look at your life. I have been reeling for days and finally have narrowed my 'hobbies' down to a top list of three great loves of my world:

Cats, Yarn, and Words

Cats...obviously. Above is my baby boy, Jack, who has been my buddy since he was adopted as a tiny kitten. (yes, he was tiny once). This 19 lb behemoth of a cuddler is the main focus of my life, especially since the tragic loss of his sister.
He is diabetic, but takes his shots like a champ. He is pretty healthy otherwise, thank goodness!  He gets pancreatic attacks that make him sick all day and all night at times, but he gets medication and it helps.

Yarn...ha ha seems to go hand-in-hand with cats, right?  Don't let them play with it, I implore you. My first cat, Katie, ingested some and it came out the other end...ewwwwwwwwwwwww! It can wrap around their stomach and kill them. Seriously, watch the yarn.
OK, enough PSA...I love to knit and can even crochet (it just always ends up a little 'off'). ha ha. I love regular straight needle patterns (if I even follow one). I usually make up my own and run with it. Nowadays I knit for friends, or donate my creations to cat shelters.

Words...this should be obvious having written 12 books so far (plus 18 more with co-authors). I've been writing since I knew how and hope to never stop. Even if they never sell, even if they're seen as goody-two-shoes or too 'safe' for the horrific world we live in, I don't care. I love my boys, my style, and I will write purely for my love if nobody else's.

This is more of a Monday morning brain dump, if not anything grander....but I wanted to share my loves with you, my followers, fans, and friends.

Have a good Monday if you can!

Steph



No comments:

Post a Comment